Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Simardone design - where art thou




[caption id="attachment_2228" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="Simardone design has a nice sign..."]Simardone design has a nice sign...[/caption]

We are we are wondering if  Simardone design has moved into it's building across from Malta Parkette as of yet, -  hope not.  Because if he has it appears it's going to operate as a closed workshop with no front retail space.   The Junction needs retail store space with displays and public interaction if the community is have more of a presence.  The website for the gentleman still lists 251 Sorauren Ave. as the address of business.

Simardone design

[caption id="attachment_2229" align="alignright" width="400" caption="..and a nice object reinterpretation work -  in a magazine article next to this work he suggests using this a  headboard for a bed , when maybe - a suitable way to to use this piece would be to purchase it as a sculptural object"]and a nice object reinterpretation in a magazine article next to this work he suggests using this a headboard for a bed , when maybe ready a suitable way to to use this piece would be to purchase it as a sculptural object[/caption]

2 comments:

  1. To whom it may concern, If you would like to drop by please call (416) 588-9111 or e-mail me, MIchael Simardone, at info@simardonedesign.com. I am operating my business from that address and it is by appointment because I am usually busy in the shop and can't always be interupted when building my pieces. I will be having scheduled studio tours and I hope you will drop by, whoever I am answering,come by and introduce yourself. The article was in the Villager as an intrduction to what I am doing here and what is happening in the community, there was also an editorial in the Globe which will bring some attention to our neighbourhood. My business brings people from different parts of the city here who might not otherwise come here. I have purchased the building and spent many months cleaning it up from being a crack house,and now have a nice couple ,who work in the neighbourhood ,as my tennants. I don't see how you can not consider this a contribution to our neighbourhood. I will be updating my website soon.
    Sincerely Michael Simardone

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st it's great you have moved your studio to the Junction. You can make a much larger contribution of the community by being greatly accessible, and it is presciently that your business does bring people to the Junction from different parts of the city here who might not otherwise come here, that a walk in environment would better serve the community. Although I am not sure it would better serve you as purchases of custom furniture are usually in my experience are not common walk in purchases. And yes with suggested and it's incongruity with the reality of the craft business model what I am suggesting would be exemplary on your part . Extraditing the crack house is a major achievement and the building improvements are great for that section of Dundas St west. In no way are your efforts not a contribution.

    ReplyDelete