Saturday, March 21, 2009
Calling All Noise-Makers
As part of the Earth Hour events organized by Green 13 and co-sponsored by the Junction Residents Association, Bloor West BIA, the Inorganic Market, Swansea Area Ratepayers Association and the High Park Nature Centre, the Junction Communities in Bloom Committee will be holding a lantern-making session in the BMO parking lot at Keele and Dundas on March 28th from 6pm until the start of the Junction Earth Hour walk at 8:30. You are encouraged to come with your drums, kazoos, squeeze boxes, tambourines or other instruments of choice to add to the festive lantern-making mood, and to enhance the parade through the Junction streets to the community reception at Runnymede United Church.
In addition to the Inorganic Markets held over this past weekend, many more events listed below are scheduled as a lead-up to Earth Hour:
Calendar of events:
Monday March 23rd – A lantern making class at the High Park Nature Centre, 430 Parkside Drive (6:30 pm) 416-392-1748 ext. 6
Tuesday March 24th – Toronto Debating Society tackles climate change at Swansea Town Hall (7:30 pm)
Wednesday March 25th – A lantern making class with the High Park Nature Centre, 430 Parkside Drive (6:30 pm) 416-392-1748 ext. 6
Thursday March 26th – Swansea Town Hall Meeting on Nuclear Energy (7:30 pm) Sponsored by the Swansea Area Ratepayers Association
Friday, March 27th –
- Local schools hold Earth Hour events
- Critical Mass bike ride (starting at Keele Street and Dundas Street West at 6 pm)
- Free public screening of “Tales of a Yellow Bike” at the Revue Cinema, sponsored by MPP Cheri DiNovo. Director Tina Hahn will be in attendance. (7 pm)
Saturday March 28th –
- Power down and join your neighbours on one of three candlelight walks through Bloor West Village , the Junction or High Park . The Bloor West Village Business Improvement Area will also be participating.
- Following the walks at 9:30, a community reception will be held at Runnymede United Church sponsored by MPP Cheri DiNovo.
Please email if you are able to come with an instrument on the 28th!
The sales agent of Grey & Bruce was Alfred S. Rogers, a Toronto entrepreneur, who owned a number of companies, among them a fuel supply...
All text the group, BRAND NEW EVENT ON THE QUEENSWAY CELEBRATES THE GREAT CANADIAN BUTTER TART WITH AN OUTDOOR FAMILY-FRIENDLY COMM...
[caption id="attachment_6685" align="aligncenter" width="490" caption="Image Jim Roche"] [/caption] ...