Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sunny Bar shuttered and for lease

 



 


One of last retail historical stores for kids and teens may by completely gone soon. This store which I visited every day as a kid has been around for at least 50 years.

 

Part American style diner and ice cream bar and full on candy store, and run for decades by a great guy - who could be scary tough if you were a kid.

Hope it gets leased to someone who runs it in the same manner.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Ethel Ave,Toronto,Canada

7 comments:

  1. Will miss the coffee and pinball machine (circa 1976)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a shame that Sunny Bar is for lease. I went to "Pete's" from 1984 to 1999 and my mom frequented the Sunny Bar in the 1960s and early 70s. The Sunny Bar was an institution for local kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Hope it gets leased to someone who runs it in the same manner."

    I hope not or else we will be seeing another "For Lease" sign in no time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think this is a perfect location for a dive bar.. anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good say, John. You wouldn't even have to change the name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, small corner pub. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could have bought the antique punt football marble game. Sad to see it go.

    ReplyDelete